ACSLS - Drive Shows IN USE When No Tape is Loaded
(Doc ID 1013748.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 10, 2018
Applies to:Sun StorageTek Auto Cartridge Sys Lib SW (ACSLS) - Version 7.1 to 8.4 [Release 7.0 to 8.0]
Any of these symptoms may be observed:
1. The cmd_proc 'query drive' command shows the drive status as "In Use" but there is no volume assigned to the drive.
2. The cmd_proc 'dismount X <drive-ID> force' command fails with a "Drive is in use" error.
3. The drive status shows "In Use" but there is no cartridge loaded in the drive. The field engineer or customer manually took the tape out of the drive
and/or the drive has been replaced.
Any of these events could have happened:
1. A mount request failed due to some physical obstruction in the path of the robot while it was trying to move a tape from a cell to a drive.
When the error occurred ACSLS returned the tape back to its home cell but the drive status was not reset to "available".
2. A tape was physically stuck in the drive and cannot be unloaded. The customer or the FE had to manually take the tape out of the drive (and out
of the library).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!