ACSLS - Drive Shows IN USE When No Tape is Loaded
Last updated on JUNE 26, 2017
Applies to:Sun StorageTek Auto Cartridge Sys Lib SW (ACSLS) - Version 7.1 to 8.4 [Release 7.0 to 8.0]
Any of these symptoms may be observed:
1. The cmd_proc 'query drive' command shows the drive status as "In Use" but there is no volume assigned to the drive.
2. The cmd_proc 'dismount X <drive-ID> force' command fails with a "Drive is in use" error.
3. The drive status shows "In Use" but there is no cartridge loaded in the drive. The field engineer or customer manually took the tape out of the drive
and/or the drive has been replaced.
Any of these events could have happened:
1. A mount request failed due to some physical obstruction in the path of the robot while it was trying to move a tape from a cell to a drive.
When the error occurred ACSLS returned the tape back to its home cell but the drive status was not reset to "available".
2. A tape was physically stuck in the drive and cannot be unloaded. The customer or the FE had to manually take the tape out of the drive (and out
of the library).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms