ACSLS - Troubleshooting ACSLS CAP Problems
Last updated on MAY 22, 2017
Applies to:Sun StorageTek Auto Cartridge Sys Lib SW (ACSLS) - Version 7.0 to 8.4 [Release 7.0 to 8.0]
Sun StorageTek SL8500 Modular Library System - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
Sun StorageTek SL3000 Modular Library System - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
Checked for relevance on 11-Mar-2013.
Checked for relevance on 19-May-2017.
Any of the following problems may be occurring:
1. CAP in Automatic mode does not put away tapes during Enter operation
2. "Place cartridges in CAP" or "Remove cartridges from CAP" message in ACSLS event log
repeats every 2 minutes
3. CAP is stuck in Enter mode.
4. CAP is stuck in Eject mode.
5. enter operation works only when CAP is in manual mode.
6. CAP is not locking.
7. CAP is not unlocking.
8. The message "CAP is already reserved" always occurs when a CAP operation is started.
Library maintenance activity caused the LSM to go offline
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms