Troubleshooting Interconnect errors on Sun Fire[TM] v1280, 3800, 4800, 4810, 6800, E2900, E4900, E6900, and Netra 1280, 1290 systems.
(Doc ID 1019646.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 10, 2019
Applies to:Sun Fire E2900 Server - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Netra 1280 Server - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Fire 3800 Server - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Fire 4800 Server - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Fire 6800 Server - Version Not Applicable and later
This document provides the basic troubleshooting steps to follow when needing to diagnose the cause of Interconnect Errors on Sun Fire[TM] Midrange Servers
- A System Board, I/O Board, or Repeater may have been recently serviced, replaced, or reseated.
- A domain may not be able to boot.
- A domain could be described as down, can't be setkeyswitched on, can't be powered on, or as having failed POST.
- Error messages displayed in the System Controller (SC) log files (showlogs -v) or on the console could include messages like:
Failed AR interconnect test.
CPU Board V3 at /N0/SB1 has been removed from domain C due to a failure in interconnection test.
Service action required.
AR Interconnect test: System board SB1/ar0 address repeater connections to system board RP3/ar0 failed
DX Interconnect test: System board /N0/SB1 data line connections to system board RP0 failed
NOTE: The example errors can be associated to any domain, RP, or any System Board (SB) or I/O Board (IB), and the examples above are not exclusive to these faults.
- Sun Fire[TM] v1280, 3800, 4800, 4810, 6800, E2900, E4900, E6900
- Netra[TM] 1280, 1290
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!