Steps to Ensure Proper Binding of Resources to LDom Domains
(Doc ID 1019983.1)
Last updated on MARCH 27, 2020
Applies to:Solaris Operating System - Version 10 6/06 U2 and later
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
In order for resources to be assigned to the LDOM domains, they need to be bound to the appropriate domain. This process binds the virtual resources to actual physical resources available on the system.
If there is not enough physical resource to be allocated, failure will be reported during the binding process. This document list out the steps to confirm the resource bindings are set up correctly.
One of more of the following are observed or described when one have issue binding resources:
- Insufficient VCPUS resources to bind LDom
- Not enough free memory present to meet this request
- Could not bind requested memory for LDom
- Only <number> physical crypto unit resource(s) available to bind to LDom
- Didn't find a suitable vcc service in a bound service domain to bind guest <guestname> console
This document describe in the context during guest domain creation. Adding of resources to an active domain can also fail due to lack of additional resources to be assign to a domain. The corrective actions are the same as described here.
For more information on creation of LDoms guest domains, please refer to following references:
- Beginners Guide to LDom available at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/systems-hardware-architecture/beginners-vm-server-sparc-256946.pdf
- Logical Domains (LDoms) X.X.X Administration Guides, which are available on http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/documentation/vm-sparc-194287.html
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!