Unable to Register Systems and Download Patches from MOS Using smpatch and updatemanager
(Doc ID 1288579.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 01, 2019
Applies to:Solaris Operating System - Version 10 9/10 U9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Below are several symptoms which can cause the inability to register for Oracle Sun patches through MOS using utilities such as: sconadm, smpatch, and updatemanager.
1. Previously registered machines now show: "No patches required" or Failure: Cannot connect to retrieve .zip: Not Found
2. In case the registration fails with the following errors, one will need to properly register a new system:
Invalid subscription key
Invalid Service Plan Number
User access denied
Invalid Serial Number
3. The smpatch command shows these errors:
4. Registering with sconadm on Non Oracle HW:
This is now possible, please see below.
5. Clients using a patch proxy server (LPS) show "No patches required"
Please review the Cause section for more information and Solution 1.4.
A future release of these utilities will reference the new My Oracle Support (MOS) terminology, for example:
Your Sun Service Plan = MOS CSI number
Sun User Name = MOS Single Sign On
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Registering Non Oracle Hardware|