KMS - KMS Key Policy for Different Applications - Can They be Shared?
(Doc ID 1309492.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 28, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Key Manager - Version 1.2.0 and later
Sun StorageTek Crypto Key Management System - Version Not Applicable and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. First create Key Policies.
2. Then Create Key Groups (which mapped to a particular Key Policy).
3. Finally assign a Key Group to a list of Agents -or- assign a Agent to a list of Key Groups.
Now the question is:
1. Suppose the Tape Library is shared for two applications.
2. Application #1 is Solaris platform Netbackup.
3. Application #2 is Windows platform Backup.
4. They both use the same pool of tape drives (i.e. a tape drive serves both platforms).
How can one configure the Data Units such that they have different retention policy? Say, Data Units for Solaris/Netbackup require one year encryption period while Data Units for Windows/Backup require three months encryption period.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document