Automated Diagnosis Requirements and Expectations for SPARC Servers
(Doc ID 1339399.1)
Last updated on MAY 27, 2019
Applies to:Solaris Operating System - Version 8.0 to 10 9/10 U9 [Release 8.0 to 10.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When you create a Service Request (SR) in My Oracle Support (MOS), you may be using an Automated Diagnosis workflow.
In fact, if you are being linked to this document while creating an SR right now, you are currently creating an SR using an Automated Diagnosis workflow. We created these workflows to make sure you are delivered an effective and accurate resolution in an expedited fashion. Expedited fashion means that if we receive the data we need to run our diagnostic, we will have an analysis prepared typically within 20 minutes after you submit the SR. All we need to be most effective is some data and for you to make sure the SR is created as accurately from the beginning as possible.
Automated Diagnosis is a way in which scripts and the answers you provide to questions asked during SR Create can be used to provide a quicker resolution to your particular product issue. The process depends on you creating the SR in a specific way. This document intends to provide you with the information to work most effectively with automation but many of the same tips and tricks are useful in ANY type of SR you might create.
In order to work most effectively with the Automation process, three key tips:
- Please upload the data file that the SR Create template asks for as soon as it is possible to do so.
- Please make sure the Service Address which you put into the final step of the SR Create process and confirm is both COMPLETE and CORRECT for where you will want any part or Field Engineer sent if a part needs to be replaced.
- Please try to limit updates to the SR unless it is absolutely necessary.
Details on these tips:
- The process requires a specific data bundle be uploaded in order to execute successfully.
- The data file is typically an Explorer (or Snapshot), but the SR Create template will tell you as you create the SR.
- In some instances for a secure site it is not possible to upload this data. In that case place a note in the SR detailing the situation. Example:
- "This SR needs to transfer. The site is secure and cannot upload data"
- On the final step of SR creation, please make sure to confirm the Service Address is complete and correct for exactly where you want any replacement part or Field Engineer sent should service be required.
- This process expedites part shipment or Field Engineer dispatch to the address which you confirm on the final step of SR create.
- Note that in the US, a COUNTY is required. In Canada, the PROVINCE is required. In India, the STATE is required.
- Try not to update the SR after you submit it.
- For example, we don't need you to update the SR to notify us that data has been provided - Our workflow already monitors for the data and automatically downloads and begins analysis immediately when the data is available.
See <Document:1364841.1> for pictures of how this SR Create workflow looks.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document