Automated Diagnosis Requirements and Expectations for Disk Storage
(Doc ID 1339783.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 06, 2022
Applies to:Sun Storage Flexline FLC200 Drive Module - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Storage 3120 SCSI Array - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Storage Flexline FLA300 Drive Module - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Storage 7410 Unified Storage System - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Storage 6580 Array - Version Not Applicable and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This document explains the Automated Diagnosis Service Request creation method. By answering some simple questions and uploading the required data using My Oracle Support, Automated Diagnosis will process the answers and data immediately after the Service Request is created. Using this method will likely result in a quicker time to resolution than "traditional" Service Request creation methods.
Automated Diagnosis relies on having access to the specific data file(s) noted below. Uploading the exact data requested will expedite your service. If anything else is provided, e.g. .txt or .jpg files, automation will exit, signalling that the "data provided does not match expectations". The exact data requested provides automation with all the necessary information to automatically diagnose an issue, and if needed the part information that is required to expedite dispatch or part shipment. Incorrect data, such as a .txt file, .jpg file, screen snapshot(s) or messages log may provide some information, but can not be used for automated diagnosis. Only one valid bundle can be uploaded, multiple valid data bundles will cause automation to exit.
It is recommended to upload the data during SR creation or upload the required data as soon as possible after SR creation utilizing the MOS Upload Files feature:
- Sun Storage 3000 Array series require either a se3kextr file or Explorer Data Collector output.
- Sun Storage 2000, 6000 and FLX arrays require a Common Array Manager Array supportData file.
- See Document: 1002514.1 for details on how to collect the Array supportData file.
- NOTE: Uploading supportData collected with the Santricity utility will prevent automated diagnosis and cause the Service Request to be routed to an Oracle Service Engineer.
- Sun Storage 7000 NAS arrays require a Support Bundle.
- See Document: 1019887.1 for details on how to collect and upload a Support Bundle.
- NOTE: For 7000NAS systems running 2011.1.1.0 or newer firmware you can create a support-bundle and provide an associated Service Request number in the process. In the CLI you issue "maintenance system sendbundle SR-NUMBER" and in the Browser UI you get a pop-up asking for an SR-number when you create the bundle. For older versions of firmware: In order to use the Support Bundle for automated diagnosis you will need to monitor the support bundle creation progress and once the bundle starts uploading, abort the upload in by clicking the (x) icon to the right of the bundle name. Then use the download icon and download the Support Bundle to your workstation to have it at hand when prompted during the Service Request creation process.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document