Oracle Database Appliance (ODA) End User Deployment 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124
Last updated on MAY 19, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Database Appliance - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
Oracle Database Appliance Software - Version 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an Oracle database appliance (ODA) is shipped from the factory it comes with the Linux OS and Oracle Appliance Kit pre-installed. However, the Grid and Database software does not come installed on ODA.
This note describes the End user deployment steps on how to install the Grid and Database software for a fully functional Database Appliance including
- Pre-Deployment Steps: Up to 14 steps using the Database Appliance Offline Configurator (pre X5-2 HW)
- End User Deployment: Twelve steps to complete your Database Appliance deployment
- Bare Metal Restore (OS Re-Imaging) is specific to the node on which the procedure is executed and will overwrite the local storage on that node*
- Reimaging an ODA needs to be done on both nodes*
- Bare Metal OS Re-Imaging does not patch the firmware (BIOS/ILOM etc).
- BM only re-images the local system disk from an OS perspective
- ODA + Virtualization (ODAVP is available as of ODA 2.5.x and higher) will require are different .ISO than the Bare Metal installation ISO.
- See Note 888888.1 for descriptions and links
- The configurator options also change in newer versions which include new functionality
- The configurator version must match the ODA version used - It is not generic to all versions!
- Configurator versions may be invisible to the user when running the ODA Configurator (look at the top of the Offline Configurator to confirm the version used
When in doubt open an SR!
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms