Last updated on OCTOBER 10, 2013
Applies to:Sun Storage 7210 Unified Storage System - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Storage 7310 Unified Storage System - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun ZFS Storage 7120 - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun ZFS Storage 7320 - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Storage 7410 Unified Storage System - Version Not Applicable and later
7000 Appliance OS (Fishworks)
How to install an IDR, what is an IDR and why is it needed ...
IDR a Interim Diagnostic Relief
Interim: Until official version with fix is released.
Diagnostic: Option of providing additional bits for debugging.
Relief: Implies customer is in need for a solution
Why is it needed
Urgent need to provide relief to customer. (hours not days or weeks)
- Issue happens frequently and is more than just a nuisance.
- Situation impacts production
- Customer can't wait for minor or micro release.
What has been changed
- Up until the 2010.Q3.4.2 Appliance Firmware Release, an IDR was provided as binary fix / T-Patch
- Starting with 2011.1, a full new binary release build is compiled for each new IDR
- Installed IDRs are listed as IDR in BUI/CLI in section Maintenance -> System -> "Available Updates"
- In the BUI the IDR rev/branch is now clearly displayed with a different color
- At the CLI you see an asterisk in front of the release number as here:
*email@example.com,1-184.108.40.206 ( [*] : Interim Diagnostics and Relief (IDR) )
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms