Sun Storage 7000 Unified Storage System: 7x20 Datalink Device Errors caused by path_to_inst not configured correctly
(Doc ID 1472000.1)
Last updated on MAY 07, 2019
Applies to:Sun ZFS Storage 7120 - Version All Versions and later
Sun ZFS Storage 7320 - Version All Versions and later
Sun ZFS Storage 7420 - Version All Versions and later
7000 Appliance OS (Fishworks)
Example of Datalink Devices output.
BUI shows devices e1000g0 thru e1000g3 on one node and the other node reports e1000g1 thru e1000g4
BUI shows devices igb0 thru igb3 on one node and the other node reports igb1 thru igb8
BUI shows devices ixgbe0 thru ixgbe3 on one node and the other node reports ixgbe4 thru ixgbe7
1. Check net directory and all information related to the devices
2. Check Appliance Kit version, BIOS and SP
3. Check known bugs or issues with this discrepancy
4. Escalate to backline engineer to review supportbundle and work in shared shell/webex
5. Document information found related to BUI network interfaces and CLI network interfaces
6. Open a bug if the code is current, problem is reproducible and collect data for development
Engage Oracle L2 NAS Support with a collaboration SR to resolve this problem
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document