SL150 - Mail Slot is Not Closing Properly
Last updated on DECEMBER 18, 2017
Applies to:StorageTek SL150 Modular Tape Library - Version All Versions and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
SL150 mail slot does not close properly.
• The mail slot opened normally after executing the command via BUI. We pulled the mail slot all the way out, without taking it out of the chassis.
• We then tried to close the mail slot, but it bounced back an inch or two at the very end, when trying to close it all the way. This happened a few times as we repeated our efforts.
• After pressing it a bit harder, it finally closed.
• Although we managed to close the mail slot, the library never completed the closing process, as the Op Panel hung with: Closing mail slot.
• After waiting about 20 minutes, we decided to reboot the library. It came up normally. We then opened the mail slot again, and it opened normally. We pulled the magazine all the way out without taking it physically out of the chassis.
• After starting to push it back in, it then stopped about ¾ of the way in. Much earlier than the first time. We didn't want to use any force so we stopped the library and opened some magazines to be able to see what was going on.
• By looking at the magazine holes, it looked like the mail slot had gotten caught on a piece of wire coming out of the robot CRU.
• We then pulled out the robot CRU and notice the end of the mail slot ”rail” had a small piece of metal that was bent.
Refer to attached file with pictures.
New library install.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms