Last updated on MAY 20, 2013
Applies to:Sun Storage 2540-M2 Array - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Storage 2530-M2 Array - Version Not Applicable and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An existing 2500-M2 array is running 07.77.xx.xx or 07.80.xx.xx code. An alarm is generated indicating a controller fault has occurred, with an appropriate action item for a controller replacement. If the replacement controller being inserted:
- Contains 07.84.44.10 firmware
- And has been previously used in another 2500-M2
Then, the replacement will fail, rendering the controller unusable. Typically:
- The replacement controller will go into a boot loop.
- It will reboot 5 times in a row and then lock down.
- CAM will report the controller as offline.
- The seven segment display will display 0S.
2500-M2 arrays already running 07.84.xx.xx firmware are not affected
The only change to the system was the current action item of replacing the faulted controller.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms