Oracle HSM (SAMFS): Filesystem Write Error and FC Loop OFFLINE
(Doc ID 1903441.1)
Last updated on MAY 31, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Hierarchical Storage Manager (HSM) and StorageTek QFS Software - Version 5.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There are FC Loop Offline/Online error while writing data on QFS file system.
It's new installation, detailed environment as below :
- SPARC Server M10-4, installed Solaris 11.1
- QFS 5.3 installed, Sun Cluster 4.1 installed
- HITACHI Disk Array Model - Hitachi Unified Storage 150
Error reproduced by customer testing :
- use 'mkfile' to test QFS writing
- increase mm and mr device counts
- with low number of mm/mr devices, no errors,
- error(FC Loop Offline) occurred after mm/mr device counts over 40
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document