Solaris Cluster Local Disk zpools May Not Import at Boot
(Doc ID 2010894.1)
Last updated on MAY 25, 2022
Applies to:Solaris Cluster - Version 3.2 U1 and later
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (32-bit)
Oracle Solaris on x86-64 (64-bit)
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
During boot zpools that are local to one cluster node may not import during boot. Manual import of the failed zpools works after the system is booted.
1. zpool(s)l getting faulted while cluster node reboot.
2. manual export and import of the zpool works fine.
3. iostat shows no errors on zpool luns.
4. zone and zone cluster may boot normally with no issues.
5. fmdump, fmadm shows fault in logs with zpool problem.
It appears that one node is fencing the disks from the other using scsi reservations.
The reservations are released eventually during node join process however it is not coordinated with the zpool imoprt because it is not part of any cluster resources.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!