M8-8 / M7-8 / M7-16 - How to Replace a Faulty PCIe Card
(Doc ID 2032465.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 19, 2021
Applies to:SPARC M7-16 - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
Oracle SuperCluster M7 Hardware - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
SPARC M7-8 - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
SPARC M8-8 - Version All Versions and later
Oracle SuperCluster M8 Hardware - Version All Versions and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
CAP PROBLEM OVERVIEW: M8-8 / M7-8 / M7-16 - How to Replace a Faulty PCIe card
To report errors or request improvements on this procedure, please go to My Oracle Support, and put a comment on Doc ID: 2032465.1
- Circuit boards and drives contain electronic components that are extremely sensitive to static electricity. Ordinary amounts of static electricity from clothing or the work environment can destroy the components located on these boards. Do not touch the components along their connector edges.
- Use a Antistatic Wrist strap. Attach one end of the strap to your wrist and the other end to the chassis, depending on what type of strap you use, with the adhesive end or the metal plug.
- Use an Antistatic Mat. Place ESD-sensitive components such as motherboards, memory, and other PCBs on an antistatic mat.
- Dust particles of packaging material are number one cause of datacenter contamination. Make sure to remove all packaging material, up to the ESD safe packaging material, while still being outside the datacenter.
- Oracle SuperCluster M7/M8 Hardware does not support PCIe card hot replacement (aka hotplug). All logical domains in the PDomain that contains the PCIe slot must be shutdown and the PDomain powered down before replacing the PCIe card.
When a PDomain powers up, the LDOM config might be set to factory-default after hardware replacements (Doc ID 2539449.1)
- When replacing Infiniband HCA in Oracle SuperCluster M7, additional Field Engineering responsibilities must be completed. Perform the steps in the following document: How to Replace Infiniband Card in Oracle SuperCluster Compute / DB nodes (Doc ID 2044499.1)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document