Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance: Automatic Snapshots are not working for all projects/shares
(Doc ID 2045115.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 02, 2022
Applies to:Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-4 - Version All Versions and later
Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-BA - Version All Versions and later
Sun Storage 7110 Unified Storage System - Version All Versions and later
Sun Storage 7210 Unified Storage System - Version All Versions and later
Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance Racked System ZS4-4 - Version All Versions and later
7000 Appliance OS (Fishworks)
A customer is seeing an issue with ZFS automatic snapshots not working in all the projects/shares in a Exalogic environment.
There is one 'exalogic' pool per Exalogic system and there are no quotas defined.
Some of the projects manage the automatic snapshots just fine, but in the customer's environment, the FusionQA project/shares are not creating the automatic snapshots at all.
The creation history of this FusionQA project was as follows:
- Another project "Fusion" was replicated from this 1st ZFS box to the 2nd ZFS box
- This "Fusion" replication was severed on the 2nd ZFS box, the new local project name was "Fusion_PROD"
- "Fusion_PROD" was then configured to replicate back from 2nd ZFS box to this 1st ZFS box
- All existing mountpoints of "Fusion" project on this 1st ZFS box were temporarily renamed
- "Fusion_PROD" replication was then severed on this 1st ZFS box, the new local project name was "FusionQA" (<- our "problem project")
- Unneeded shares were deleted from local "FusionQA"; mountpoints of the other projects were re-renamed to originals
- Next, replication for "FusionQA" project was configured from this 1st ZFS box to the 2nd ZFS box
==> Unable to configure auto snapshots for FusionQA project shares in 1st ZFS box
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document