How to Include VLAN and MAC Address in Deduplication Comparison for Napatech
(Doc ID 2144098.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 18, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications Session Monitor - Version 2.x and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This document outlines the procedure to include VLAN and MAC Address in a deduplication comparison for Napatech.
Before you start
1. By default with standard OCOM configuration, Napatech cards perform de-duplication, and while doing so it ignores the layer 2 header of a packet (that means it will ignore any VLAN tags or MAC addresses). In the following case this can lead to erroneous de-duplication causing incorrect MOS values in OCOM:
- OCOM receives the same stream twice as duplicate: but once it is with VLAN tag and once without VLAN tag.
- one of the duplicate streams appears with good MOS and the other one with bad MOS and a high percentage of Lost packets.
If you believe that this applies to you, please have this case analyzed by Oracle Support or Professional Services, and proceed with the next steps only if recommended to do so.
2. This change should only be done when recommended by Oracle Support or Professional Services. We strongly recommend against customers performing this step without assistance or recommendation from Oracle.
3. In some cases depending on the current state of the current virtual memory, this change will require a reboot.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Before you start|