ODA ODACLI UPDATE-OSPARAMETERS or OAKCLI RECONFIGURE OSPARAMS to Calculate, Update and Set Kernel / Memory Values Including Hugepages
(Doc ID 2220254.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 10, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Database Appliance Software - Version 22.214.171.124 to 18.1 [Release 2.1 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
ODA, ODA HA, ODA X6-2 , ODA X7-2, ODAVP, Hugepages, OS kernel parameters,
One challenge with the ODA is calculating the correct OS / Kernel values for memory:
Specific use cases include:
- New memory added to an existing ODA System (DIMMs)
- Calculating HugePages based on current and changing usage
- Generic memory optimization based on current and changing usage
- New usage
This note describes the steps to set Kernel parameters
OS parameter sizing is not unique to hardware type. The sizing of OSparams and Huge pages is based on the LINUX + Physical memory available.
This note includes references to the following commands:
- odacli update-osconfigurations (DCS stack as of 18.5 and higher)
- oakcli reconfigure osparams (oakcli stack )
While many of the newer X6-2* and X7-2* as well as 18.3 Bare Metal versions of the ODA may not use OAKCLI or DCS odacli commands manual steps can still be used.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!