T5-8, T5-4, T5-2 How to update To Hardware Programmables 1.0.11 and System Firmware 9.6.20.b/c
(Doc ID 2262283.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 13, 2018
Applies to:SPARC T5-4 - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
SPARC T5-2 - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
SPARC T5-8 - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
PROBLEM OVERVIEW: How to update SPARC T5 CPUMFPGA modules (T5Ms) to version 126.96.36.199 "using Hardware_Programmables-1.0.11-SPARC_T5-2+T5-4+T5-8.pkg, patch 25796761" and system firmware version 9.6.20.b/c or later.
Note: min SysFW for T5-2/4 is 9.6.20.b and for T5-8 is 9.6.20.c
This release of Hardware Programmables 1.0.11 updates any T5M to version 188.8.131.52 to provide better handling of certain POK events.
Please see patch README for more details
- The Hardware Programmables update procedure is the same for T5-8, T5-4 and T5-2 servers,
- System firmware 9.6.20.c is required for the FPGA updates to be active. It is highly recommended to follow the order of the procedure in this document which does System Firmware first, then FPGA programmables. FYI, there is NO issue updating each of them independently. Suggesting HW Programmable as the last step is because pull ACs is required (ref: next bullet).
- Since pulling of AC power cords is required on installing HW Programmables 1.0.11, physical access to the system is required
- Loading of the FPGA firmware via the BUI/GUI is not supported. Use of the SP serial port connection is recommended so that the prompting of when to power cycle the system can be seen as well as unforeseen problems.
- If an attempt is made to install the Hardware_Programmables-1.0.11-SPARC_T5-2+T5-4+T5-8.pkg file on a system where the installation is not required, the installation will not update any of the T5Ms. Upon restarting of the Service Processor, the Service Processor event logs will provide additional information.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!