MacOS Users Report the HTML5 Client may Cause Chrome Browser Tabs to Crash or Hang after Application Launch
(Doc ID 2339101.1)
Last updated on APRIL 24, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Secure Global Desktop - Version 5.2 to 5.3 [Release 5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Secure Global Desktop (SGD) Administrator may receive reports that users on MacOS clients, connecting with Chrome to the "Tablet Workspace" (aka the HTML5 client) are able to successfully authenticate, but find that any subsequent launch attempts will cause all tabs related to SGD to crash or become unresponsive.
- This behavior is not seen with Chrome on any other platform but MacOS.
- This behavior is not seen on the same MacOS device using an alternate browser, such as Firefox.
- This behavior does not impact the use of alternate SGD clients, such as the Java WebStart modality.
Steps to reproduce the report
- User authenticates with SGD, and the tablet workspace is correctly displayed.
- User launches any application within the workspace.
- A new browser tab opens, appears to show expected launch progress information:
(Connection progress window: "Application Started...")
- After a small delay, all Chrome tabs related to the SGD client will either:
- Appear to Hang indefinitely (while the system begins to report memory errors), or,
- Crash with Error message, "Pages unresponsive"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!