Exalytics R2.2 (184.108.40.206.0) is Now Available for Oracle Exalytics X Series Servers
(Doc ID 2460837.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 08, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Exalytics Software - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Oracle Exalytics Release 2.2 (18.104.22.168.0) is now available.
This release is available for Oracle Exalytics X2-4, X3-4, X4-4, X5-4, and X6-4. It is not applicable to Exalytics T5-8 systems.
The Oracle Exalytics Release 2.2 (22.214.171.124.0) includes additional certifications and new capabilities :
- Includes the updated Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.9 Operating System, specifically optimized and built for analytical workload.
- New Base Images for Release 2, Upgrade Utility, and Hardening Script
- Includes enhancement for Virtual Deployments
- Exalytics Domain Management Utility Supports Oracle Database In-Memory
- Latest application software components are certified to run on Oracle Exalytics Release 2.2.
Application software includes:
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 126.96.36.199.x and 188.8.131.52.0
- Oracle TimesTen for Exalytics
- Oracle Endeca
- Oracle BI Applications
- Oracle Enterprise Performance (EPM) Applications
Full certification information for versions, or products, not listed above is available in <Note 1505616.2> Information Center: Certification Information For Oracle Exalytics.
Step 1 - Review Documentation
Exalytics Release 184.108.40.206 includes software updates and patches which are described below.
Complete patch installation instructions are described in the Oracle Exalytics Installation Guide.
Step 2 - Download software updates and patches.
- The .iso (For Bare Metal (BM), OVM Server and template for OVM guest) and installable files are available on https://edelivery.oracle.com/osdc/faces/Home.jspx
- In edelivery page
- In the Select a Product Pack list, select Release: "Oracle Exalytics Software 220.127.116.11.0".
- Select Release 18.104.22.168 related to the download queue.
- Click Continue.
- Choose the required part number in the available list of software.
The list of patches related to R2.2 ( available on MOS)
<Patch 26419001> -PATCHSET UPGRADE UTILITY FOR EXALYTICS BASE IMAGE R2.2 (UEK4) FOR BM X86-64 (PATCH TO UPGRADE FROM R2.1 TO R2.2 (BM Use case))
<Patch 26617307>- PATCH TO PROVIDE OVSRESIZE SO THAT OVS "/" PARTITION CAN BE INCREASED (OVS use case )
<Patch 26722892> -PATCH TO UPGRADE R2.1 VM GUEST TO R2.2(KERNEL VER 2.6.39-400.286.3.EL6UEK) (PATCH TO UPGRADE R2.1 VM GUEST TO R2.2 ( OVM guest use case))
<Patch 26734117>- PATCH OF OVS WITH ORACLE HMP AND NVMEADM TOOLS ( OVS use case , post instalaltion of OVS 3.4.3, or even after upgrading to OVS 3.4.3 R2.2)
Please make sure to apply the latest Kernel Security Patches listed in <Note 2460833.1>-Exalytics R2.2 (22.214.171.124.0) Latest Kernel Security Patch For OL6 UEK4 (04 Oct 2018)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document