User is not Mapped to ENS User Profile as expected after UNIX Authentication to Secure Global Desktop
(Doc ID 2471930.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 16, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Secure Global Desktop - Version 4.63 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customers may create the same Secure Global Desktop (SGD) user id for UNIX users and ENS users. For such users, customers may want ENS user profile to be mapped.
However, the UNIX user profile is mapped instead.
1. Create two UNIX users in the OS:
2. Create two applications in the SGD Administration Console:
3. In the SGD Administration Console: user profile tab -> organization, create a new directory "OU-APP", with no inheritance and only one application, OU-APP.
4. In SGD Administration Console: user profile tab -> organization -> OU-APP, create a new user profile "ens_user", who inherits the application OU-APP from the directory OU-APP.
5. In SGD Administration Console: user profile tab -> organization -> system object -> unix profile -> assigned application, delete the default "applications" object so that there is no pre-configured applications.
Then add UNIXPROFILE-APP as the only one application for unix profile.
The system object Unix User profile only has one application, UNIXPROFILE-APP.
6. Login as unix_user, it should match the unix profile and only have UNIXPROFILE-APP in the workspace.
--> it works as expected.
7. login as ens_user, it only has UNIXPROFILE-APP in the workspace.
--> The customer want only OU-APP is displayed for user ens_user.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document